Jazz Chords for guitar, A simple guide by Rick Townend. 12 bar blues on any instrument, a basic guide by Rick Townend. The Refrain - The AAB B Section. "I love the lyrics! AAB form doesn't have a chorus section. “Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel”-Jimi Hendrix. Have fun writing lyrics and experimenting with different musical styles. (1.3 MB) Overview This lesson examines both the content and form of lyrics in blues songs. Briefcase Full of Blues. This is put together as 3 phrases or sections, each being 4 bars long. Write the Lyrics. omg soooo funny!" Blues is based on a simple pattern. Often the A sections forms a question or makes a statement. In 12 bar blues, the first and second lines (the two A sections) are often a identical in terms of both the lyrics and the melody. The lyrics of the 12-bar blues consist of three rhyming lines, but the first two are identical: The first line of the blues is always sung a second time 1 Yeah, the first line of the blues is always sung a second time So by the time you get to the third line you've had time to think of a rhyme . EXTEMPORE PLAYING tutorial - 40 Lessons, how to correctly play improvisations Down the Dirt Road Blues 1929-1934. The Blues Brothers "B" Movie Boxcar Blues. Gimme Some Lovin' and Other Hits. Charley Patton "B" Movie Box Car Blues. Styx Lyrics "Too Much Time On My Hands" Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool Got the twelve o'clock news blues And I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps And a bottle of cold brew Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? The major hook of the song often makes use of the song title. Quotes About Song Lyrics Generator "This is what it came up with!!! "Too Much Time On My Hands" lyrics. Teach Yourself Jazz - an introduction for musicians wishing to add jazz to their playing styles. Blues Song Lyrics Displaying 5,199 lyrics from the Blues music genre. A common form for the blues is a repeating 12 bar form (each bar has 4 beats). You can choose a musical genre or artist to inspire your creation, then you choose a few topics to write about and we map out a cool song based on your choices. Filter by style: Year: Apply. The last line or third 4-bar section is the refrain. So inspirational!" Filter by gender: "34" Blues. << Blues Classroom: Click here to download a PDF of this lesson.