Western Red Cedar decking provides rustic charm at its best. Spacing your cedar decking correctly will allow the deck to dry more quickly after wet weather and allow room for swelling that may occur because of damp conditions. Just think of Real Cedar decking as your blueprint to backyard bliss. Article #8552036. Add to wish list. It is free from pitch and resin, its heartwood has natural decay resistance, and it is an excellent base for stains. Spacing the Boards Wood is a porous material and as such has a tendency to absorb moisture from the surrounding environment. x 6 in. Cedar wood is a unique species and has been the material of choice for many years. Cedar D4S - 5/4 in x 6 in x 14 ft. Home / Products / Building Supplies / Decking / Cedar Wood / Cedar D4S - 5/4 in x 6 in x 14 ft . Trust us on this one – start with a stunning Real Cedar deck, and suddenly your designer daydreams and Pinterest wish lists start manifesting into one cohesive reality. Cedar is extremely durable; natural preservatives protect it from decay, rot, and insect damage. Cedar Decking. Maximum spans for decking shown in the table are based on a continuous beam with two equal spans and a concentrated load of 220-lb at the center of one span. That’s why so many home improvers like working with Western Red Cedar lumber. ... Be the first to review “5/4″ x 6″ x 18′ Premium Western Red Cedar Decking” Cancel reply. It’s also quite light compared to other woods, making it easy to transport, cut, and drill. Western Red Cedar Decking, 5/4 in. by Van G (Toronto) I've got my two decks all framed up and I'm ready to lay down the boards. It’s Easy To Work With. For the past ten years, Western Red Cedar deck boards have been Silva Timber's best-selling decking product; favoured by architects, contractors and homeowners alike due to its stunning appearance and outstanding performance characteristics. WRCLA Western Red Cedar decking is available in a selection of thicknesses, widths and lengths as shown in the table below. Western Red Cedar 5/4 x 6 Deck Board Fastening & Finishing. When I started out we had planned to use Ipe, but then we added a second deck, post and beam features..... You get the idea. Schillings provides durable, well manufactured western red cedar decking that comes ready to use. When building outdoor projects, you need to pick the right wood to ensure your project will last. It produces lengths of timber with true, straight grain.