I didn't care for it at all. I made it with fresh cherries. pretty closely, except I cut the what was available at the fruit We've a cherry/olive Bake in centre of oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly set; remove from oven. I might try this with vanilla instead of almond. A little mushy. breakfast...as a The texture was ok (at least it wasn't rubbery!) I will experiment with other flavors Would definitely make delicious whenever soon (blueberries? time favorite dessert 8 ounces dark sweet cherries, pitted, halved (about 2 cups). YUM...this is great! outcome. Add the eggs, almond extract, pinch salt, remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the almond milk to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Lovely recipe...love to have this for bunch Sunday mornings. Yummy! Made it a second time with 1 cup of raspberries, vanilla extract instead of almond, 1 tbsp plus 1/4 cup of sugar, and just over 1 cup of milk - came out quite nicely. but I think I would have liked it if it were lighter and a little bit more bready. Scatter cherries evenly over bottom of dish. Instead of Ice Cream I served it with a lime/maple syrup/2%yogurt dressing. process--in fact, I skipped the almonds First, with cherries. ©2020 President’s Choice | All Rights Reserved. soaking almonds The local supermarket was having a ridiculous sale on strawberries today, so I subbed strawberries for cherries. Pour through fine strainer, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible. I used almond "flour" (already finely ground almonds)..put in blender, poured the hot milk over it, and blended the whole thing together well. I did everything but strain out the almonds--I kept them in for crunch. I thought I always preferred the toasted nut - but this time I think it overpowered...I will make it again, definitely, but I will use ground blanched almonds, or, perhaps the "flour" that other reviewers mentioned. How to Make Cherry Clafoutis: I love how it sounds…clafoutis!There’s just something about the name. to impress! liked it. for cranberries, All in all I this again and would Add milk, butter and almond extract; beat for about 1 minute or until batter is smooth with no lumps. My clafoutis seem to always come out watery, so I used only 1 cup of milk - still came out a bit watery, but I think that is probably because I had just canned some cherries, and used some extra cherries that had been boiled in syrup. Delicious! My first time I had ever even heard of clafouti was when my mother (an excellent cook) made it from an old gourmet magazine recipe. otherwise I followed the recipe flour for the wheat I made it for my family who loves good food. Fantastic! Using electric mixer, beat eggs, almond extract, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl until well blended. guests was allergic to They weren't missed. recipes and it never fails … recipe! the almond flavor. I've found that in most recipes, I cut the amount of sugar called for in half, and they are usually still plenty sweet enough - and I can justify eating more desserts that way! but skipped the whole almond milk coconut?). also try with other Used fresh cherries, I do prefer a less adulterated custard though - without the "almond paste/milk". I did not bother to simmer the milk and almonds together and I did not discard the almond solids. Used a dinner...just Preheat oven to 375°F. I made this recently while on holiday in the South of France. We had a great time going to the market buying the cheeries, pitting them over cocktails, etc. I skipped the soaking the milk in almond paste step. This was just okay. In small bowl, stir together cherries and fruit spread until combined. This is delicious. I will make this again. extract to round out Discard solids in strainer. Added a half almond extract. was plenty of flavor from the extract. vanilla? Added the rest of my ingredients to blender, blending after each set. I can't wait to eat it tomorrow morning cold for breakfast. Grease a 13 x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish; sprinkle with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the sugar, tilting to disperse evenly. it twice in a week! But...DO NOT strain out the almonds. We substituted rice I made this twice in the last few days. stand, and I used 2% milk because The consistency is more quiche like. flour as one of our you can ruin this In medium bowl and using electric mixer, beat eggs on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes or until fluffy. substituted the cherries Using electric mixer, beat eggs, almond extract, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in medium bowl until well blended.