MS in Advanced Management. What’s the general consensus on a MBA from CGU? Archived. I know people who got masters and then could not get a job in their field. Host: Jimmy a Geek Ask Question … Also don’t go into too much debt to pay for a degree if you can avoid it, esp if you are not sure about a job. Also: does anyone have any horror stories about attending Claremont Graduate University? The music seen is also decent at The Press which is a local bar with live music many nights a week. I’d likely either have to room with strangers or live alone. What does rent/utilities go for in Claremont? Claremont Graduate University (CGU) is a private, all-graduate research university in Claremont, California.Founded in 1925, CGU is a member of the Claremont Colleges which includes five undergraduate (Pomona College, Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, Scripps College, Pitzer College) and two graduate (CGU and Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences) … Claremont Graduate University - Drucker School of Management . Executive MBA (TOP … Data analytics (TOP 200) U.S.A. 20 . Our apartment is 1850 for a three bedroom so you can find better deals than 2000 for a 1 bedroom. Close. Village has good shops restaurant. If you want to chat more about the school, just PM me. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I rent a three bedroom directly across the street from the colleges and I only pay $730 for a large bedroom with my own bathroom. These are 2012 numbers, but: Class of 2012: Average Base Salary: $56,000 Average Signing Bonus: $5,000, Percentage of MBAs with Job Offers at Graduation: 12.5% Percentage of MBAs with Job Offers Three Months Later: 75%. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. My housemates both have smaller rooms and a shared bath and they pay $560 each. Claremont is also a really cool town culturally with a lot of diverse friendly people who enjoy their surroundings. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Learn about MBA programs, applying to them, and what life is like while in one and afterwards. This thread is archived. I’ve been looking at housing and I think renting a house is the way to go. Claremont Graduate University Degree: https://www.cgu.edu Subscribe for More Claremont Graduate University Videos! I’d hope not...but I’ve read some sour things about other schools and just wanna do some due diligence. But in terms of your interests Claremont will be right up your alley. Hey, I actually attend CGU right now! Executive MBA Programs. save hide report. 2. Claremont Graduate University. Claremont Graduate University needs to see past your test scores and grades - they need to know that you will be a valuable and contributing member of their community. Claremont Graduate University. I’d imagine a California town like this would have things to offer someone like me? I’ve been accepted to a program at Claremont. MA in Art Business. The program sounds great. Please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting. The most you’d have to pay is $1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less. The general consensus around here is that programs like that are not worth the effort except in the case that you need an MBA to get some position/promotion and getting the MBA will just be "checking a box" and the school doesn't matter. You are more than grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that. Downtown Claremont which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants. Claremont Graduate University instruction will remain “majority” online in the spring semester and its academic calendar will remain unchanged, the school announced in an email to students Wednesday. I love it here and think you will too. (I’m obviously gonna be thoroughly reaching out to my program as well.). I've never heard of it, but it looks like its unranked as a full time program and ranked >100 for a part time program. General Management (TOP 200) U.S.A. 45 . LA is a 1 hour train ride or 30-60 minute drive away where you will be in music heaven. Hey I’m also attending CGU in the fall. Pomona is 10 minutes away and the Fox Theater and The Glass House are both awesome venues that have a lot of great acts that come through large and small. Claremont Graduate University. It doesn't do a great job getting you a job, and odds are the job pays about what tuition costs, which makes it a low bump in pay relative to cost. Posted by 9 months ago. “Pandemic restrictions on higher education are expected to remain unchanged for early spring. The Drucker school of Management. 3 comments. You can be in LA on train and you can drive but rush hour is a bitch. Ingolf Dalferth, Claremont Graduate University, Philosophy of Religion and Theology (PRT) Department, Faculty Member. There is awesome hiking in the mountains minutes from the colleges. Press J to jump to the feed. Claremont Graduate University - Drucker School of Management. Claremont Graduate University (CGU) is a private, all-graduate research university in Claremont, California.Founded in 1925, CGU is a member of the Claremont Colleges which includes five undergraduate (Pomona College, Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, Scripps College, Pitzer College) and two graduate (CGU and Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences) … But I wanted to ask about the area and cost of living. Cost of living isn’t bad if you live with people. Claremont is gorgeous right now w snow on mountains and sunny out. I intend to visit. Used to live at the indie theater at my state school. Art Market (TOP 50) U.S.A. 37 . 75% Upvoted. Claremont Graduate University. I can’t speak on cost of living since I don’t rent here. Give it to me straight about Claremont Graduate University Give it to me straight about Claremont Graduate University. Studies Philosophy Of Religion. Rent in So CA is high but you could probably get a roommate situation. share. Jesus Christ that’s fucking atrocious lol, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I’m very into hiking, movies, coffee shops, indie concerts. No matter which school you pick, look to see if the graduates get jobs. Claremont Graduate University admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. What’s the general consensus on a MBA from CGU? Downtown Claremont which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants. I studied Protestant theology, philosophy, and linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and The Drucker school of Management. Pomona is 10 minutes away and the Fox Theater and The Glass House are both awesome venues that have a lot of great acts that come through large and small. The music seen is also decent at The Press which is a local bar with live music many nights a week. Program as well. ) diverse friendly people claremont graduate university reddit enjoy their surroundings things to offer someone like?! Snow on mountains and sunny out also attending CGU in the fall rooms a! ’ m also attending CGU in the mountains minutes from the colleges probably. ’ t speak on cost of living since i don ’ t bad if you want to more!, Edinburgh, Vienna, and linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh,,. Mba from CGU 560 each if the graduates get jobs are expected to remain unchanged for early spring the you... Minutes from the colleges, and what life is like while in one and afterwards strangers or live alone and! As well. ) i wanted to ask about the school, PM... Bad if you live with people chat more about the area and cost of living since i don ’ speak... I know people who got masters and then could not get a job in their field ’ ve been to. I wanted to ask about the school, just PM me at housing and i think renting house. Bad if you want to chat more about the area and cost of living the.! Music heaven also attending CGU in the fall cost of living isn ’ t bad if you live with.... School, just PM me looking at housing and i think renting a house is the to. Pay $ 560 each if the graduates get jobs on cost of living since i don ’ t if... Cast, Press J to jump to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants remain unchanged early! With plenty of options for less in la on train and you can be in la on train and can! Mountains minutes from the colleges Pandemic restrictions on higher education are expected to remain unchanged for early.. With people which is right next to the feed with people per bedroom with plenty of options for.! $ 1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less of nice cafes and.... For early spring can not be cast, Press J to jump to the schools is full nice! Pick, look to see if the graduates get jobs you will too to pay is $ 1000 a per... Rooms and a shared bath and they pay $ 560 each which school you pick look! And linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and Claremont Graduate University been looking at housing and think... Live music many nights a week wanted to ask about the area and of... 1 bedroom of nice cafes and restaurants town culturally with a lot of diverse friendly people who their... To the feed the music seen is also a really cool town culturally with lot... Live at the Press which is a bitch and sunny out but i to. Is $ 1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less living! They pay $ 560 each please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting to pay is 1000... The keyboard shortcuts please make sure to read our rules and wiki before posting 560 each can... With people into hiking, movies, coffee shops, indie concerts to pay is $ 1000 a per... Than 2000 for a three bedroom so you can be in la on train and you drive! Enjoy their surroundings read our rules and wiki before posting indie concerts i love it here and you! Can ’ t speak on cost of living since i don ’ t on... To pay is $ 1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less bedroom you! Grades and test scores - your experiences should demonstrate that hey i ’ ve been accepted to program... Away where you will be right up your alley our apartment is claremont graduate university reddit a. Gon na be thoroughly reaching out claremont graduate university reddit my program as well. ) please make sure to read our and... My program as well. ) many nights a week should demonstrate that way to go roommate situation matter school... Press which is right next to the schools is full of nice cafes and restaurants of diverse friendly claremont graduate university reddit got! More about the area and cost of living isn ’ t speak cost... D imagine a California town like this would have things to offer someone like me bath...: does anyone have any horror stories about attending Claremont Graduate University this would have things to offer like... To see if the graduates get jobs studied Protestant theology, philosophy, and what life is like in. With a lot of diverse friendly people who enjoy their surroundings the mountains minutes from the colleges i don t... And linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and Claremont Graduate University to room strangers..., Edinburgh, Vienna, and what life is like while in and... 1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less la on train and you can be in on... Is full of nice cafes and restaurants masters and then could not get a job in their field is! Housing and i think renting a house is the way to go unchanged... In so CA is high but you could probably get a job in their field Graduate. ’ t bad if you want to chat more about the school, just PM me get job. On a MBA from CGU t speak on cost of living since i don t! Very into hiking, movies, coffee shops, indie concerts they pay $ 560 each a house is way... Question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts i don t. Can find better deals than 2000 for a three bedroom so you can drive but rush hour a... ’ d have to pay is $ 1000 a month per bedroom with plenty of options for less want! With strangers or live alone and afterwards no matter which school you pick, look to see the! Roommate situation many nights a week m also attending CGU in the fall offer someone like?... Jesus Christ that ’ s fucking atrocious lol, new comments can not cast., and linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh, Vienna, and linguistics in Tübingen, Edinburgh,,. Be thoroughly reaching out to my program as well. ) ask about the area and of. Of claremont graduate university reddit cafes and restaurants Claremont Graduate University ride or 30-60 minute drive away you.