All Of You; 8. 12. Too Darn Hot; 7. This list only includes the first billed artist for the given track. Dinah Shore (born Frances Rose Shore February 29, 1916 - February 24, 1994) was an American singer and actress. Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) 4. The latter compiled an odd assortment of mostly non-hits while The Very Best of Dinah Shore collects 14 Top Ten hits from the early and mid-'40s. Dinah Shore was around 26 years old when her first singled charted. Shore was one of the most popular singers of her day, though, and, for every song here, there are one or two other major hits that were omitted. Like Us on Facebook for More Awesome Nostalgic Music Stuff. The audio quality is good on here, the CD is not expensive, and if one is a Dinah Shore fan one could do worse in a selection on one CD. They had 20 top 100 hit songs. Chart appearances and counts span from 1900-2016 only. Dinah Shore & Her Happy Valley Boys. Dinah Shore also appears in this compilation. The Very Best of Dinah Shore replaces RCA's previous and now-deleted collection Love and Kisses, Dinah with a substantially different track listing. See if Dinah made the list of most famous people with first name Dinah. Shore moved to Columbia in 1946 before returning to RCA in 1950, racking up hits all the while, but nothing from her later RCA period is included. Dinah Shore (born Fannye Rose Shore; February 29, 1916 – February 24, 1994) was an … 'Dear Hearts', the same thing. 1991 Preview SONG TIME Buttons and Bows. Night And Day; 5. The latter compiled an odd assortment of mostly non-hits while The Very Best of Dinah Shore collects 14 Top Ten hits from the early and mid-'40s. Anything Goes; 2. You're The Top; 11. I Concentrate On You; 13. I've never had high regard for Dinah Shore's voice and bought this CD for just a couple of songs. Tracks of Disc 1; 1. It's De-Lovely; 6. It may include writing credits and featured credits in the near future. To its credit, The Very Best of Dinah Shore is readily available and reasonably priced with new liner notes by Colin Escott, but Taragon's superior anthology The Essential RCA Recordings offers nearly twice as much material for only a few dollars more. She rose to prominence as a recording artist during th The data is for entertainment purposes only. What Is This Thing Called Love? 9. She had chart topping singles covering a span of 12 years. She was most popular during the Big Band era of the 1940s and 1950s. Easy To Love; 10. Well Did You Evah? Her last appearance in the charts was 1953. The list of top singles for Harry James come from the Playback.fm charts. Dinah Shore top songs include Buttons & Bows, Dear Hearts & Gentle People, Sweet Violets. 'Chantez, Chantez' carries me back to my childhood, hearing it on the radio. Chart appearances include Pop, R&B, Country and Rock. 1. Other genres are not yet included. The Very Best of Dinah Shore replaces RCA's previous and now-deleted collection Love and Kisses, Dinah with a substantially different track listing. Silk Stockings; 14. It's All Right With Me; 15. My Heart Belongs To Daddy; 3. She became one of the popular "girl singers" from that era. Dinah Shore (born Fannye Rose Shore; February 29, 1916 – February 24, 1994) was an American singer, actress and television personality, and the top-charting female vocalist of the 1940s. Dinah Shore first charted in 1942. With one exclusion, the recordings are the top 14 hits from the time frame that is covered, including her most famous recordings from the era: "Blues in the Night" and "I'll Walk Alone."