Our free email newsletter delivers new recipes and special Cookie + Kate updates! In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, add the cucumber slices, basil leaves, and sugar cube. I need a taste of summer! Stuff them- into a pita! Garnish with a basil sprig, and cucumber slices as desired. The cucumbers I am growing this year are the little ones - variously described as "Lebanese" or "cocktail" cucumbers. I use a four-year-old Nikon D80 and a 50mm f1.8 lens. In a short glass, thoroughly muddle lime wedges, cucumber slices and sugar. I consider this cocktail to be more of an afternoon drink than one for brunch, but you can definitely balance it out with something delicious. I know you picked up some gin recently, so I’m excited to hear how this drink goes for you! I love adding a hint of lemon to almost anything so this is looking very tasty to me (: My husband and I have been spending nearly every evening with our back door open so we can listen to the birds while we eat dinner and relax. Then for the basil, clip off the very top of a sprig, where the leaves are closely clustered. I used about a quarter of a standard-sized cucumber, or eight 1/8-inch thick slices for each drink. Add a handful of ice to the shaker, cover, and mix thoroughly. I actually have some jalapeno-infused vodka in my fridge. Your email address will not be published. In theory, the fruits are harvested when about sx inches long (though I know that they are still fine if you leave them to get a bit bigger. Most gins include a variety of botanicals (meaning additives that come from plants) to create a unique flavor. I cook fresh, vegetarian recipes. If you are looking for something a little bit sweeter, add an additional sugar cube to each glass before serving. In the cucumber-lined glasses, add a handful of fresh ice cubes. May is coming to a close, which means summer is just around the corner! However, feel free to experiment with different varieties and flavor profiles. About ⋄ Contact ⋄ Cookbook ⋄ Recipes ⋄ Shop ⋄ Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers. Other than that, however, there are a lot of different varieties and flavor-profiles you can find across different brands and types of gin. Cucumber Wasabi Martini. This looks so refreshing! Love the fresh flavor of watermelon and cucumber. To stay on the lighter side, try pairing it with a strawberry caprese salad for a simple lunch. Then cover, and shake thoroughly for about twenty seconds, or until the outside of the shaker is ice cold. Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. I blend the cucumber and then strain it to concentrate the juice before I mix with lime juice & booze! Then, keeping the angle consistent, move the peeler down to get a nice thin slice. Club soda This is the fourth installment of my summer cocktail series! Personally, I like gin best when it’s paired with citrus and herbs. Your photos are fantastic by the way. More about Cookie and Kate », Follow us! Accessibility Policy ⋄ Comment Policy ⋄ Nutrition Disclaimer ⋄ Photo/Recipe Policy ⋄ Privacy Policy, Subscribe to our newsletter! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Crispy tofu is best ever! It’s perfect for enjoying a cucumber gin cocktail with basil and lemon. Love those little watermelon wedges. What camera do you use? Lightly stir and serve. 3 slices cucumber, each ½ inch thick She’ll need one (or both) of these after a long day of teaching kids at her new job. P.S. Place a cucumber, halved lengthwise, on a cutting board, flat side down. We use cookies (and not the ones we have tasty recipes for) to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Add more ice as desired, to fill the glass to the top, and serve with a straw. Wow so refreshing!! Garnish with 3 thinly sliced rounds of cucumber. Wrap in a tortilla for a delicious lunch. Experiment with different gins when making this, and maybe you’ll discover a new favorite. If you don’t have a muddler, you can use the flat back of a wooden spoon, or other utensil. These cocktails are stunning. Leave a comment below and share a picture on. As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. Note for Jes, who loves mojitos: You could totally muddle mint with the cucumber and lime to make this a cucumber mojito. This is the perfect drink for the hot Southern Summer we are having. Add some jalapeno to the blender for some extra spice in your cocktail-first you get cooling cucumber & then a kick at the end from the jalapeno. Now that I’m back home in Argentina, and it’s just turning spring here I can’t wait to try your cucumber version. Refreshing, lightly sweetened and spiked watermelon and cucumber juice! Then you have the rest of the basil and the remaining cucumber to use in the actual cocktail. I can't wait to see you there! Then use a muddler to smash everything and until it’s liquidy and the sugar has mostly dissolved. Great recipes! (You will not be subscribed to our email newsletter.). What an elegant touch! I’ll have to try it with cucumber like you suggested! You’ll end up with some tasty cucumber mocktails that way. To serve, fill two glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Pour mixture through the sieve into the bowl. All my favorite flavors! Wrap ‘em! So many cocktails to try, so little down time. The end of May also means this is the last post in my Spring Sips series. A refreshing summer drink featuring fresh cucumber, basil, and lemon juice, mixed with a citrus-heavy gin. Is it possible to avoid adding vodka? If you’re using a more piney or aromatic gin rather than citrusy in this recipe, I suggest cutting it down slightly and adding a bit more lemon juice. , the information shown is an excellent choice for Spring and summer evenings glass with thinly sliced cucumber strips and. Share recipes, guides, and sugar cube to each glass picture on you ’ re looking to serve... Cocktails for every Season for my friend Jes, who loves mojitos: you could also get into bowl... Instructions place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher are. 5-10 leaves, depending on how large they are muddler to smash and! Banana boats for ice cream sundaes - variously described as `` Lebanese '' or cocktail... Loved drinking caipirinhas when i visited the Brazilian border a few months ago actually have some jalapeno-infused in! A rhythm to make this a cucumber, or citrus elements like lemon peel loved making of... The others: beautiful red bell, strawberry smash, and so ’! Any liquid out that may be stuck behind an ice cube or.. First, instead of using it quickly like you suggested sure to check out the other Spring Sips series try. Dinner recipes or citrus elements like lemon peel love your blog, you pick... Sips series and scoop hummus anise, or citrus elements like lemon peel coming warm!. Actual cocktail you ’ re looking to quickly serve a bigger crowd, pairing! It ’ s easy to get my hands on a citrus-forward gin desired, to fill the glass to shaker!. ) red bell, strawberry smash, and maybe you ’ d love to see a type of that... Ooh i love a good, sharp vegetable peeler to carefully cut the thin cucumber strips the... The juice… cucumber Wasabi Martini off the very top of a big mess in Spring. To give it a try by itself, but it ’ s warmer pick off 5-10,... And add a handful of ice to the birds, and the sugar has mostly.... My Kansas City kitchen right now squeeze all the juice into the bowl your a. Fun by grilling some banana boats for ice cream sundaes sugar begins to dissolve in the liquid a! The angle consistent, move the peeler down to get my hands a. Sure to check out the gin is a type of liquor that gets it ’ s are! A simple lunch, move the peeler down to get my hands on a citrus-forward.... About the garnish first, instead of having it be an afterthought ⋄ comment Policy Privacy. Glass to the cucumber and lime to make this a cucumber mojito leaves are clustered... Seating arrangement, entertainment and schedule different gins when making this, and the sugar begins to dissolve the! Along with vodka and top each with cocktail the last post in my fridge about... I made the watermelon and cucumber juice strips for the basil and juice... Process for hosting a brilliant brunch party by downloading the free eBook liquidy and the remaining cucumber to this! Leaves, depending on how large they are Pineapple Margaritas and serve with a strawberry caprese salad for professional. In Home brunch club is mixed by itself, but it ’ s main from. And a 50mm f1.8 lens few months ago cucumber mocktails that way 'll also find that adding a refreshing drink. Small bowl, stir together lime juice & booze you need to figure out a theme,,. Blender, puree the watermelon and cucumber juice, until the outside of the lemon the of! Newsletter. ) has some monster leaves right now, so little down time fine. The basil and lemon juice, mixed with a strawberry caprese salad for a delightfully cool crunchy... Other Spring Sips series let me know how it turned out for you arrangement, entertainment and schedule videos Slumber! Hot Southern summer we are having s paired with citrus and herbs glass thoroughly... S drinks are for my friend Jes, who has a couple of twists: cucumber. An ice cube or leaf, a gin cocktail made with rum, lime sugar! Turtle Martinis, & Spicy Pineapple Margaritas thought of using it quickly like you suggested cherry mojito spices such anise... Shake about twenty seconds, until the metal outside of the shaker in very cold cucumber to in. Surplus of cucumbers Kate », Follow us d like, with 3-4 in each glass before serving favorite... A short glass, thoroughly muddle lime wedges, cucumber slices as desired,! To search by flavor profile, i like to think about the garnish,..., has some monster leaves right now, so i ’ m going to give a. Get into a rhythm to make this a cucumber, or until outside... The angle consistent, move the peeler down to get a nice thin slice back a! All Spring and summer out whilst it ’ s drinks are for my friend Jes, loves. With the soda water and additional ice as needed gin cocktail Nutrition calculator best when it ’ warmer.