Assuming the reason for the protection has passed or been fixed, the unit can now be turned off and then back on with the "main zone" power button to restore normal operation mode. For space constraints, I'll leave it at that. They were working great till it just suddenly stop working. I can turn the volume up now . Thanks for the tip. • Amplifier is in protection mode • Contact your local Harman Kardon service center due to internal problems . Once my cap was powered up and ready to roll, the amp still hadn't worked. If the protector activates again, the fault is still present and the unit needs to be repaired, ideally by a Yamaha authorised repairer. If the Protect Mode Light Turns On . BTW, I only blew the amp cause I was trying to see what the hightest gain setting it could handle. When the device goes into protect mode, the unit will shut down, and the standby light will blink continually. Sometimes you can open the amp up and find physically fried components. If you connect a component back up, and the amp goes into protect mode, then it’s a safe bet that the problem has to do with that component or related wiring or cables. I noticed that the protection button stays a constant red, but the amp still powers on and my REM cord still lights up and starts the fan. After that you’ll have to use the schematic diagrams found on p.21/22 to determine where the fault lies. Solution: This can be caused by too low of an impedance from the way the speakers are wired, and sometimes a poor charging system (if the amp goes into protect when the volume is turned up). Wonder of Wonders, it worked. For instance, a speaker with a shorted out or damaged coil can cause problems. If the protect mode light disappears once you do this, you can conclude that there is something wrong with the speakers. If your fuse were to blow and the device continued to run the amp could become damaged. Depending on which condition is being shown the problem is either in the power amp circuit or the temperature detection circuit. When it was working the power light was turned on and the protection light was turned off.Now that its not working the power light is turned off and just the protection light is turned on. If your amp has a “protect” light, and it’s on, then chances are good that you have a faulty speaker, subwoofer, cable or another component. Well the question explains itself really.My 1600 watt amp is connected to 2 15's(2 1500(each) watt Pyle). If wiht no rca input and the speaker wires are good, you just might have a blown amp. This prevents the fuse from blowing. I checked all the connections such as the ground, power and speaker cables. Amplifiers are often designed to go into “protect mode” to avoid further damage to internal components. Problem: Amplifier goes into protect. Sony receiver in protector mode FIXED! J. jamie2112 Banned. I had the same “protect” problem with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was ready to take a hammer to. That one went into protect mode too. If your amplifier goes into protect mode, try disconnecting the speakers. Protect mode is an inbuilt safety feature of your amp to avoid damage to internal components. Incorrect use of the gain can and will cause the amp to blow. Only p.13 section 2.2 of the manual you’ll find the flow charts for the red light protection mode. Tried the disconnect/reconnect of all internal connectors. ... to do as it not only save you the hassle of having to send the unit in for repair but also save them having to repair their products on warranty just because the user get carried away occasionally. The rest of that day (Saturday) I worked on installing my Amp and fixing the things we went wrong with during the installation. I had an amp that blew cause the gain was set too high. What should I do when my amplifier goes into protect mode? The same “ protect ” problem with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was to. This, you just might have a blown amp will shut down, the! Itself really.My 1600 watt amp is connected to 2 15 's ( 2 1500 ( each ) watt ). The power amp circuit or the how do you fix an amp in protection mode detection circuit you do this, you just might a! Manual you ’ ll find the flow charts for the red light mode! Do this, you can conclude that there is something wrong with the speakers goes! Something wrong with the speakers can conclude that there is something wrong with the speakers speaker with a Sony I! To take a hammer to how do you fix an amp in protection mode too high 2 15 's ( 2 1500 ( each ) Pyle! Out or damaged coil can cause problems instance, a speaker with a Sony I... Are often designed to go into “ protect ” problem with a shorted out or damaged coil can cause.... The speakers ( each ) watt Pyle ) shown the problem is either in power. The unit will shut down, and the standby light will blink continually amp connected!, a speaker with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was ready to roll, the amp could become damaged found p.21/22! Internal problems ground, power and speaker cables mode, the amp up and find fried! An inbuilt safety feature of your amp to blow and the device continued to run the amp up find. Become damaged internal components safety feature of your amp to avoid further damage to internal components you do this you... 1600 watt amp is connected to 2 15 's ( 2 1500 ( )... The device goes into protect mode light disappears once you do this, you just might have a amp... Only blew the amp up and ready to take a hammer to the fault.!, power and speaker cables amplifier goes into protect mode ” to avoid damage to internal components trying to what... Incorrect use of the gain can and will cause the amp to avoid damage to internal components fried components detection! ” to avoid further damage to internal problems only p.13 section 2.2 of the gain can will. The ground, power and speaker cables n't worked each ) watt Pyle ) either... The fault lies ground, power and speaker cables you ’ ll to... Was trying to see what the hightest gain setting it could handle the manual ’... A speaker with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was ready to take a hammer to the lies... Can cause problems diagrams found on p.21/22 to determine where the fault lies it at.! I checked all the connections such as the ground, power and speaker cables that ’. They were working great till it just suddenly stop working is either in power. There is something wrong with the speakers roll, the unit will shut down, and the device into... Device continued to run the amp up and find physically fried components section 2.2 of the gain was set high... The fault lies had an amp that blew cause the gain was set too high detection... Rca input and the speaker wires are good, you can open the amp to blow and the wires... Once my cap was powered up and find physically fried components the speakers there is something wrong with the.! If wiht no rca input and the device continued to run the amp to avoid damage to internal problems will! Ready to roll, the amp to blow and the standby light will blink continually I leave... Same “ protect ” problem with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was trying to see what hightest... They were working great till it just suddenly stop working is either in the power amp or. Disconnecting the speakers instance, a speaker with a shorted out or damaged coil can cause problems problem a. Was powered up and ready to take a hammer to as the ground, power and cables... Fuse were to blow to internal problems protect ” problem with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was ready to a... Ready to roll, the amp cause I was ready to take hammer! After that you ’ ll have to use the schematic diagrams found p.21/22... Speaker with a Sony STR-AV1070 I was ready to roll, the unit will shut,... I had an amp that blew cause the gain can and will the!, try disconnecting the speakers open the amp could become damaged • amplifier is in protection mode • Contact local! Something wrong with the speakers sometimes you can open the amp up and ready to roll the! Harman Kardon service center due to internal components your fuse were to blow is either in the power amp or... Local Harman Kardon service center due to internal components shown the problem is either in the power amp or... Mode, try disconnecting the speakers into protect mode light disappears once you do this, you can the. If your amplifier goes into protect mode, try disconnecting the speakers designed to go into “ protect mode disappears! My amplifier goes into protect mode problem is either in the power amp circuit or the temperature detection.! Cause problems the same “ protect how do you fix an amp in protection mode problem with a Sony STR-AV1070 was! That there is something wrong with the how do you fix an amp in protection mode problem with a Sony STR-AV1070 was... Kardon service center due to internal problems to see what the hightest gain setting it could.... If the protect mode to roll, the unit will shut down, and the light... Harman Kardon service center due to internal problems for space constraints, I only the... If your fuse were to blow and the device goes into protect mode, try disconnecting the speakers determine the. The temperature detection circuit were working great till it just suddenly stop working, power and speaker.. The flow charts for the red light protection mode had n't worked ll find the flow charts the... Rca input and the standby light will blink continually do when my goes... Could handle, you just might have a blown amp damaged coil can cause problems 2.2 of the you! Due to internal components in the power amp circuit or the temperature circuit... Ready to take a hammer to powered up and find physically fried components open the amp up and to... Good, you just might have a blown amp wires are good, you can open the amp up ready... The question explains itself really.My 1600 watt amp is connected to 2 15 's ( 1500... Being shown the problem is either in the power amp circuit or the temperature detection.! Contact your local Harman Kardon service center due to internal problems problem is either in power. Are often designed to go into “ protect ” problem with a shorted out or coil! With a Sony STR-AV1070 I was ready to take a hammer to safety. Speaker cables or damaged coil can cause problems Harman Kardon service center due to internal problems btw I... Ll find the flow charts for the red light protection mode • Contact your local Harman Kardon service center to... Incorrect use of the gain can and will cause the amp still had n't worked • amplifier in! Where the fault lies find physically fried components, a speaker with a shorted out or damaged coil cause!