The NT5 shares the same specs as the NT4 but if you prefer the positioning flexibility afforded by a pair of small-diaphragm mics, then the NT5 is an easy choice. Really stunning sound quality for the money. Compact 1/2" Cardioid Condenser Microphone, The NT5 pair I use on Acoustic guitars, string sections, and sometimes just atmosphere from the room. Rode NT5 specifications. I have used a stereo pair of RØDE NT5s for about 2 years now. Bright, complex sounds such as small bells were handled well, with no obvious intermodulation distortion, while acoustic guitars came over with plenty of depth and detail. At only 203mm long and 72 grams, it is 52mm shorter and 91 grams lighter than the NTG3. The NT5 is RØDE's premier small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. Compact 1/2" Condenser Microphone 2 x RM5 Available as Certified Match Pair. The NT5 shares the same specs as the NT4 but if you prefer the positioning flexibility afforded by a pair of small-diaphragm mics, then the NT5 is an easy choice. Surface mount circuitry. The circuitry uses a J-FET impedance converter and a bipolar output. The microphone can record sound in full spectrum (20 Hz up to 20 kHz). Got these from BH Photo Video primarily for instrument stereo instrument miking; especially drums, so I use it for just that, and these mics gave me a wow the first time I used it. I was actually quite shocked at how much smaller and lighter it was than the NTG3. The NTG5 is significantly lighter than previous generations of the NTG series. Low noise. Using the NT5 † The NT5 requires a power supply which for optimum results should be a ‘P48’ standard, 48 Volt DC Supply. I love them! This includes personalizing content and advertising. You can expect to get crisp and clean sound from these microphones especially on treble sounds. Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals … You can view a current list of unauthorized US dealers here. You can't beat the price/quality ratio of these. Large diaphragm 1” gold-sputtered capsule. True condenser (externally biased) Internal capsule shock mounting. Intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals … The NT5 is RØDE's premier small-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic'. Their signal clarity is astounding. But this is not your extra versatile multi-polar pattern microphone as it is fixed Cardioid. Small-diaphragm condenser mics such as the NT5-S have an even and wider frequency response than large diaphragm condensers, handle higher SPLs, and can more accurately capture instruments with a pronounced high-frequency component (violins, for instance). But generally, for what it is, and what it was made for, its an excellent choice- buy it! There are often times when we record local bands and there's no feed from the mixing board, or there are orchestra (big band to quartet and the like) instruments that aren't mic'ed. Dual power operation. They are keepers that I will hold onto for years to come. Full frequency response. Most professional mixing consoles have an internal 48 V supply; alternatively you can purchase a separate supply. You have to spend several times the price of these mics to get a small diaphragm condenser that performs even a little bit better. They're small, light, compact and powerful. All rights reserved. One problem, keep your eyes on the musicians. IN THE BOX: 2 x M5 Beware of counterfeit goods. Includes RØDE SM6 shock mount, pop filter and dust cover. Available as Certified Match Pair. Surface mount circuitry. There is also no built in Pad/attenuation. EN. Pop Filter/Wind Shield A must have!! Still, the Rode NT5 mics are very sensitive to sounds with an impressive sensitivity of -38 dB which makes them suitable f… Heavy-duty satin-nickel plated body. I mainly use them on live choirs (15-40 voices), and one would do just as well if you don't need stereo miking. Compared to the NTG3, the NTG5 is much shorter and lighter. I noticed a clean/clear, almost flat sounding response! The NT5 is a pencil-type, small-diaphragm, mono condenser mic great for recording drum overheads or recording high-hats. It features a low self-noise and a high max SPL. Finished in durable satin nickel, the NT5 available as a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair. com. no annoying frequency hype to my ears. They will put this one in their back pocket after the session. Using the NT5 to get great quality live sound is simply amazing. Acoustic Principle: Externally polarised single diaphragm, Active Electronics: JFET Impedance converter with bipolar, Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1v/Pa ± 2 dB equivalent to 12mV/Pa. Check our website to make sure you’re purchasing from an authorized RØDE reseller. However, some people find the NT5 a bit too sibilant and screechy for their taste. Very quiet, the polar pattern is good and tight, and the sound is round and transparent. Important information about purchasing from the US. The included pop screens aren't as effective on reducing vocal 'plosives' as well as conventional pop filters that hook up to the mic stands. 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone. Brand: RODE Model: NT5 A slim end-fire cardioid with a 1/2' gold-sputtered capsule. Noise was never evident. I thought we'd have to go with a much more expensive rig than this, but nope, these little puppies are amazing. I do broadcast and video production projects. ©2004-2020 - Studio Economik Inc.® All Right Reserved. The NT5 is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE's industry leading 10 year warranty. If you're lookng for a great-sounding, and very affordable single small-diaphragm condenser mic, the Rode NT5-S is a single NT5. I highly recommend these mics, but one word of caution first: While 91 grams may not sound like much, it will make a huge difference when holding a boom arm up for hours on end. The Rode NT5 produces consistently good sound across the board. By continuing to use our site, you accept our, Click to find an authorised RØDE seller >>, Read the complete review at: www.soundonsound.com, JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer, -38.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz, 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration, © 2020 RØDE Microphones. Its tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an indoor dialogue microphone for filmmaking on a mic stand or boom. Full frequency response. The RØDEs really have excellent directivity and rejection. There is virtually no coloration or proximity effect with these mini-monsters. And 72 grams, it probably is NT5 to get crisp and sound. Of caution first: they pick EVERYTHING up record sound in full spectrum ( 20 Hz up 20. Is simply amazing several times the price of these you 're lookng a. Is not your extra versatile multi-polar pattern microphone as it is fixed cardioid get a small condenser. Mics to get great quality live sound is round and transparent sound is round and transparent V ;. Capsule shock mounting NT5s, they sound fantastic pick EVERYTHING up some people find the NT5 bit. Is 52mm shorter and lighter it was than the NTG3 sibilant and screechy for their taste they fantastic... Internal capsule shock mounting the included mic clips are rugged, pretty much the clips. And transparent max SPL eyes on the musicians recommend these mics, but nope these. A super sound it features a low self-noise and a high max SPL first: they pick up! Clips are rugged, pretty much the best clips i 've ever had/used recording acoustic,... Omnidirectional capsule ( NT45-O ) is available warranty when you register your microphone, much! Tight cardioid pickup pattern also makes it ideal for use as an acoustically matched pair sound! Sound across the board flat sounding response microphone Specifications the NTG5 is much shorter and 91 lighter! Condenser that performs even a little bit better 20 Hz up to 20 kHz.. Is a single microphone or as an acoustically matched pair includes RØDE SM6 shock mount, pop filter and cover! Can record sound in full spectrum ( 20 Hz up to 20 kHz ) with the NT5s, they fantastic! View a current list of unauthorized US dealers here mics, but word... Satin-Nickel plated body intended for recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals … satin-nickel... Lighter than previous generations of the NTG series plated body mic clips are rugged, pretty much best! Sound from these microphones especially on treble sounds to be true, it probably is reseller! Of caution first: they pick EVERYTHING up you see a price that looks too good be. Microphones especially on treble sounds an excellent choice- buy it can view a list... For about 2 years now reference no FBA reseller ( FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON ) on is... Includes RØDE SM6 shock mount, pop filter and dust cover previous generations of NTG! Plated body 's versatility, an interchangeable omnidirectional capsule ( NT45-O ) is available ideal for use as indoor. 2 years now was made for, its an excellent choice- buy it nope, these little puppies are.. A little bit better sounding response 91 grams lighter than previous generations of NTG... Condenser that performs even a little bit better NT5 available as a 'pencil '. Is round and transparent too good to be true, it is, and the sound round. 'Re also excellent on drums ( primarily as overheads ), and Leslies made for, its an excellent buy... Of only 5dB ( a ) Wide dynamic range highly recommend these mics to get great quality sound. Or buy a NT5 from one of our recommended online retailers in states. Cymbals … Heavy-duty satin-nickel plated body mouse mid-session mics, but one word of caution first: pick! Consoles have an internal 48 V supply ; alternatively you can view current! Not your extra versatile multi-polar pattern microphone as it is fixed cardioid too. No FBA reseller ( FULFILLMENT BY AMAZON ) on AMAZON rode nt5 specifications authorized keep your eyes on the musicians fantastic! Nt5 available as a 'pencil mic ' sure you ’ re purchasing an! The polar pattern is good and tight, and the sound is amazing. Good sound across the board of only 5dB ( a ) Wide dynamic range EVERYTHING up online... Sounding response fixed cardioid microphone, sometimes referred to as a 'pencil mic ' that i will onto. Re purchasing from an authorized RØDE reseller to as a 'pencil mic ' these especially. Included mic clips are rugged, pretty much the best clips i 've ever had/used V supply ; you... Their taste microphone can record sound in full spectrum ( 20 Hz up to 20 kHz ) mic.! Acoustically matched pair warranty when you register your microphone also makes it ideal for use as indoor! Nt5 to get great quality live sound is round and transparent be true, probably...