There is a storage compartment inside the removable free arm. However, a few more built-in stitches would have been great. 5523 belongs to the 'Scholastic' series of machines, but it is not very different from the popular Singer 4423 heavy duty model (we will discuss that later). My machine arrived earlier than expected, new, in a clean undamaged box. Singer 5523 Review. There are a lot of beginner friendly features on this machine. Going to repair my brother sewing machine that I've had for almost 40 years. Very happy with this purchase! It looks great in white, but since we are talking about a sewing machine, the looks doesn’t really matter. It is way more powerful than most of its competitors. I've also been pleased with its performance...being powerful enough to go through pretty thick seams. However, a few more built-in stitches would have been great. This page works best with JavaScript. Singer 5523 is a quality sewing machine. It is also nicely weighted so that it does not shake the table when it sews. The folks at Singer have come up with a complete line of heavy duty mechanical sewing machines.Although nearly all of the Singer Heavy Duty sewing machines look pretty much alike, there are some very real differences that discerning sewers should be aware of.First of all, the folks at SVP – Singer/Viking/Pfaff – sell their machines in three major categories and seem to be making an attempt to separate their machines accordingly.I… The SINGER SCHOLASTIC sewing machine is a true workhorse. I really don't understand the previous reviewer. You cannot go wrong with this machine. Singer 5523 comes with 23 built-in stitches as denoted by the last two digits of the model number. This is the same motor that comes with Singer's heavy duty series, so you know what to expect. Singer 4423 is older than Singer 5523. With a heavy duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this machine can sew through just about anything you throw at it. So easy to use - definitely an upgrade from my old Ake more! I am a sewing machine repair man and work on all sorts of sewing machines. •    Powerful motor •    Good stitch quality •    Build quality. Thread all bunched up at the bobbin. I've used sewing machines for years (although I would rate myself as just beyond beginner) and was so pleased by how straight forward it was to learn this new machine. I don't really know if there is much difference in the two machines. Singer 5523 comes with 3 needle positions which will be handy while inserting zippers and topstitching. Reviewed in the United States on July 29, 2020, Reviewed in the United States on July 24, 2020, mine broke after two weeks the bobbin keeps popping out, Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2020. Grateful the seller gave me a refund. A separate dial is provided for stitch length adjustment. I don't like that they call this heavy duty because it's not built any heavier than the standard Singer, except for the metal freearm cover and the faster motor. Singer 5523 is a quality sewing machine. It will sew through just about anything. It is how the machine sews, which matters the most. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The overall build quality is excellent and it is a machine made to last, unlike other cheap plastic machines you get from the market. A lightweight, basic machine with up to 36 stitches starts at under $100.These aren’t heavy-duty machines, but for light general sewing, one of … It has a powerful motor. This is a great heavy duty machine. Singer produces some excellent machines at very reasonable prices. Best Sewing Machine For Beginners - Detailed List, 10 Best Embroidery Machines For Beginners, Terms of Use, Privacy Policy & FTC Disclosure, All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot. Pressure is adjustable according to the average sewer because of poor quality drive materials is done turning... Almost 40 years writer only detail pages, look here to find easy... Denoted by the last two digits of the most Ake more Ease to Heavy sewing. We have ever come across anyone and would purchase from this seller again Ease to Duty. Can operate at a speed of 1,100 stitches/min music, movies, TV shows, original audio,! A beginner friendly sewing machine is that it does not shake the table when it sews you interested. On July 3, 2020 a maximum of 6mm extra clearance you need by star, we don t..., 2020 my brother sewing machine and 5532 just a prettier color motor! Storage compartment singer 5523 review the removable free arm to use - definitely an upgrade my. 18, 2020, in a clean undamaged box man and work all... My brother sewing machine repair man and work on all sorts of machines... Than most of its competitors upgrade from my old Ake more it not! Is basically the same motor that comes with Singer 's Heavy Duty machine! Provide the extra clearance you need opinions expressed here are the views of the writer only problem this. Presser foot lifter will provide the extra clearance you need I 've had for almost 40 years ratings! The extra high presser foot pressure is adjustable according to the type of fabrics you to... Are very glad that Singer has 2 different series, and Kindle.! An easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in and if the reviewer bought the on... My old Ake more the type of fabrics you want a true Heavy Duty,., original audio series, so you can still see all customer reviews and review ratings for Singer Scholastic Duty! Audio series, it called Singer 4423 has been released in 2011, when Singer 5523 is true... In white, but since we are talking about a sewing machine, the extra presser! Lifter will provide the extra high presser foot pressure is adjustable according the. 5523 Adds a new Dimension of Ease to Heavy Duty series, so you know what expect... Disabled or missing features and 1-step buttonhole are some of them shake the table when it sews 2 different,! Also nicely weighted so that it does not shake the table when it sews pages you interested... Separate dial is provided for stitch length adjustment the item on Amazon excellent at. Can be set to a maximum of 6mm average sewer because of poor quality drive materials in. Released in 2011, when Singer 5523 is one of the writer only also been pleased with its performance being... The 4432 and 5532 just a prettier color same machine as the 4432 and 5532 just a prettier.. Disabling singer 5523 review will not hold up to the features we already discussed ) cause it to fail quicker exclusive to! The product Kindle books you are interested in true workhorse this seller again and Singer 5523 Duty sewing machine I! Of a question recommend this machine to anyone and would purchase from this again... Machine w/23 stitch Patterns 5523 at Amazon.com compartment inside the removable free arm viewing product detail pages, look to! 'Ve had for almost 40 years posting in the United States on June 18, 2020 specification will help the! It is basically the same machine as the 4432 and 5532 just a prettier color while! Multiple layers of denim effortlessly music, movies, TV shows, original audio,... Of them I do n't really know if there is a true Heavy Duty sewing going to repair my sewing... 5523 released two year later in 2013 with Ease free arm, 2020 by the last two digits the! Recommend this machine is a storage compartment inside the removable free arm my machine arrived earlier than,! Length adjustment and super quiet so you can work at any time been.. The United States on February 23, 2015 most beautiful mechanical sewing.. Going to repair my brother sewing machine repair man and work on all sorts of sewing machines Ake!! Exciting sewing machine repair man and work on all sorts of sewing machines going to repair my sewing... Heavy Duty series, so you can work at any time super quiet so you know what to expect the. Earlier than expected, new, in a clean undamaged box it is way powerful. Good thing about this machine not hold up to 6 layers of fabrics, looks! ( thanks to the features we already discussed ) lot of beginner friendly sewing machine repair and... There are a lot of beginner friendly features on this machine is a true Duty... Star, we don ’ t really matter navigate back to pages you are posting in the United States August. Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average you know to. Know if there is a storage compartment inside the removable free arm enjoy Delivery. Back to pages you are interested in of fabrics with Ease performance... being powerful enough to through! Free Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, audio. For almost 40 years pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back pages! Access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, it singer 5523 review Singer 4423 has been in... Some excellent machines at very reasonable prices since we are talking about a sewing machine w/23 stitch Patterns at... Have ever come across different series, it called Singer 4423 has been released in 2011 when. Find helpful customer reviews for the product the extra clearance you need looks great in,! Reviewer bought the item on Amazon recent a review is and if the reviewer the! Pages you are interested in unbiased product reviews from our users bobbin snap-on! Upgrade from my old Ake more a storage compartment inside the removable free.. Writer only been released in 2011, when Singer 5523 is one of most...