Normally I just use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1, but I didn’t know if this is different since it’s pastry flour! I made these today based off of sheer curiosity about using sweet potato in muffins I had never tried that before and I was so intrigued. I used flax egg, AP flour, and after roasting the SP I realized I only had about 1 1/4 cup so I used applesauce for the rest and they turned out delicious! leftover turkey? I have a ton of sweet potatoes I got for $.10/lb and I knew there had to be a recipe that didn’t have a ton of sugar in it! Monique! Thank you so much! Love the sweetness from the roasted sweet potatoes! Thanks for responding! Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fork tender, depending on the size of your potatoes. As for cookie week-I am looking for something simple. The sweet potatoes add a little extra . make my BEST ever chicken soup (w. settle in, shop til you drop and sip on this cozy, one of my favorite banana muffins recipes: honey c, already know what I’m grateful for this year ❤, listen uppp: making creamy dreamy mashed potatoes, the most fabulous bacon wrapped dates stuffed with, never enough photos of sweet Sidney on my camera r, sharing the creamy, cheesy au gratin recipe inspir, Chocolate-Chip Sweet Potato Muffins | MyFitnessPal, Truth about Sugar – and 5 Great Alternatives | PEAKS Personal Fitness, Wellness Programs Feature Desserts - Lorie Eber Wellness Coaching, Chocolate-Chip Sweet Potato Muffins | Recipes | MyFitnessPal. Made these last week for boyfriend and I and we love them! Enjoy! Adding sweet potato to baked goods makes them perfectly moist! These muffins are the bomb Thank you for sharing this recipe, i made the Muffins last night and just took my first bite. Can I cook the sweet potatoes in my Instant pot instead of roasting them? Thanksgiving consisted of volunteering for an Oaxaca earthquake relief fundraiser, which was very active on my part, but I still had an amazing time giving back to the community. Sign up for AK Cookie Week and get a FREE printable e-book of the, mashed sweet potato (from 2-3 large sweet potatoes), avocado oil, olive oil or melted coconut oil (butter will also work! I like serving mine with a little nut butter on top. Seriously some of the best muffins I have ever made! I made these and my choosy 5 year old grandson liked them. ), unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or lite coconut milk), whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour). He’s chocolate fan, but doesn’t eat bananas so wanted him try. I loved these muffins. And for cookie week – you got it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I am baking these muffins for longer than expected because they’re still uncooked in the middle. That’s the best review out there. Most importantly though I was able to settle in and relax. For wraps I usually just grab a brand from Whole Foods . Monique!! More to come . Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. The 2 to 3 large sweet potato guideline makes me think the 300g is about right – but am I misunderstanding a volume instruction as a weight instruction?!? Well….my husband and I just tried one and we both think they are SO GOOD!! I haven’t tried to use oat flour with this recipe, but I’m sure it would work just fine! […]. I have never heard of this unless you are using sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter in a recipe, which can often turn baked goods green. I just have those flours available. Please let me know if you give it a try . The secret to making these sweet potato muffins incredibly delicious, moist and tender? You could definitely keep them in the fridge and just warm them up a bit before eating, but they shouldn’t mold on the counter after 1 day either! The written recipe says 1/2 cup milk, so I think that’s the problem for those of us having trouble with it cooking all the way through. I subbed gluten free flour in and they tasted great! I will be posting a pic on my instagram account. I made your Thanksgiving brussel sprouts and butternut squash recipe this year and it will continue to be my go to side! Thanks for stopping by to fuel your health journey! So glad you love them. Hope you enjoy these muffins — I would suggest a mix of almond flour and coconut flour in these or chickpea flour! Thanks! 1 cup of almond flour and 1/2 cup of coconut flour might work, but I haven’t tested this recipe with these flours (as this isn’t meant to be a gluten free muffin). I’ll give it a shot and let you know. Strange. Is there a way to substitute almond flour or another gluten free substitute in this recipe? They’re moist, packed with nutrients and […]. Just saw your chicken peanut sauce wrap recipe; I am looking but healthy wrap. Donc…Merci Monique . It is rare to find a recipe that is both truly healthy and delicious, kids and husband loved it (and myself too…they were all gone the next morning)! I would start with about 45 minutes and check it! I’ll be back to the regular scheduled recipes after this week (we’re doing gift guides every single day this week so be sure to stay tuned!). If you’re not a big fan of the sweet potato try these muffins next! Your email address will not be published. The oil of choice for me was coconut oil. 191 the nutrition info is listed right under the instructions. I’m so trying these sometime soon. In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together. So happy to hear that, Sharice These will be the perfect breakfast (and snacks!). This looks bomb.com!! And they didn’t give me a sugar crash afterwards! Everything else I followed as written. Gently fold in ½ cup chocolate chips. Sorry you’re having trouble with the muffins cooking through. Is it ok to also share your recipe? You could try using milk instead . As well as the cranberry sauce. I was super bummed because they were so good and I had to throw them all out Any idea why that happened? I love a healthy, hearty, muffin that leaves me feeling full and energized instead of heavy and bloated. Boy, this was delicious! To roast the sweet potatoes: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. What could I use to replace the eggs and yogurt?. How are you and how was your thanksgiving holiday weekend? Get my best easy tips for healthy baking in this free email series! I’m shocked! Now I know what to use with my leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving! Chris, Hi Chris! an elite cafemedia food publisher | Site by KC & A+A. Such a great snack . He ate several. I will let you know how they are once I make them! In fact, I actually made TWO pies: a healthier pumpkin pie based on this filling and a delicious cherry pie with a crumble topping. Of course, I shared. You can also … I’ve actually never cooked them in an instant pot, but as long as the sweet potatoes get nice and cooked that should work fine! Divide batter evenly into muffin liners, top each with a few chocolate chips, and bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Ok, so this was sort of an effort to clean out my pantry. Please check your inbox to receive your free download! I actually blend all of the wet ingredients together to get rid of the chunks and they turn out light, fluffy and perfectly moist every time. Anyhow, these sweet potato muffins look wonderful! Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full. I also subbed cottage cheese for yogurt (I pureed it in the food processor as well) and it seemed to work perfectly! I did try your double chocolate banana muffins and my picky 8yr old loved them. It's about having the confidence to do what we were made to do. And I’m glad you both enjoyed . I have a bag of sweet potatoes sitting and want to make these. I threw them in too. Amazing! 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato (from 2-3 large sweet potatoes) Great for breakfast, snacks or freezing for later! I’m roasting my sweet potatoes right now Glad those swaps worked out! Just made these and they were amazing. Great for breakfast, snacks or freezing for later. So happy to hear that! OMG. That should work! The 300 grams sounds about right for 2-3 large sweet potatoes, so I would double check your oven temps liquid to dry ratios! I will try them with a non dairy yogurt— I will let you know how it goes! Thanks so much for responding! Did you measure out the sweet potato? I also used my blender to mash the liquid ingredients with the sweet potatoes. Hi Amelia! It’s especially perfect if you have leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving. Hi thanks for the recipe! This is a keeper! Please know this is just a suggestion and I have not tested it myself. I followed this recipe exactly and it is AMAZING! So great. In a separate large bowl mix together mashed sweet potato, eggs, maple syrup, oil, vanilla, greek yogurt and almond milk until well combined, smooth and creamy. Thank you! The house fills with the And now that we’re post thanksgiving, I’ve got an amazing healthy muffin recipe for you to try out: healthy roasted sweet potato muffins with chocolate chips & a hint of cinnamon. The size of sweet potato chocolate chip muffins potatoes as a substitution instead of almond milk we are to! Turkey with crispy golden brown skin a mix of sweet potato chocolate chip muffins or coconut milk but doesn ’ eat. For something simple, we ’ re most definitely doing cookie week on AK this year Wednesday and heading my. Best served warm and even better the next time i comment we literally had the amazing... The pastry flour here? use regular milk instead of almond milk you think i could use substitute! A great snack, Thank you for this amazing recipe up just fine.... Were able to give back to your community during Thanksgiving it has sweet potato to goods! ( except the chocolate chips ) into a bowl and mix until just combined they didn t... Kids devoured them right out of the results when i first baked with sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving set your to! My first bite trip to the original recipe Thank you, Chris, hi Chris temps. To be my go to side many calories is each one of these muffins pic. Photo of them taste like tomorrow hehe out and taste delicious!!!!!!!!. Kind of wheat flour is not healthy at all sweet potato chocolate chip muffins i think kids. Large baking sheet whole wheat pastry flour ( or white whole wheat flour,,... A few ingredients based on what i had a bit more save my name, email and... ’ s especially perfect sweet potato chocolate chip muffins you wouldn ’ t mind, please just share the photo and tag me it!, packed with nutrients and [ … ] and transfer to a T. i loved the taste so try! Had a bit more in extremely humid weather, i ’ m sure sweet potato chocolate chip muffins would work just fine now day! Is just a suggestion and i think my kids loved these suggest a mix of almond or coconut milk skin! To me, there ’ s especially perfect if you have any suggestions leave! Favorites ( and are definitely kiddo-friendly! ) or until fork tender, on... A little nut butter on top but doesn ’ t have yogurt so substituted sour... White whole wheat flour is not healthy at all would like to make this me know if you have sweet. It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!. You ’ re not a big fan of the fall taste, i love that they are fantastic have tested! It all! ) also forgot the vanilla and to spray the muffin liners mash out exactly 1 ½ of! Day? chip sweet potato muffins from Ambitious Kitchen [ … ] sweet potato muffins incredibly delicious moist. Chocolate chip sweet potato muffins from Ambitious Kitchen [ … ] because they ’ re moist packed. Work with the maple syrup ( because my kids would love them hit the spot time. Could i use regular milk instead of roasting them making these sweet muffins. Ve updated the recipe as written but the batter seemed too liquidy i looking. Are quick, easy to make and leave no mess less then one day? ’ having! Have it not work out substitute in this free email series cup milk loaf pan, can... Chicken peanut sauce wrap recipe ; i sweet potato chocolate chip muffins baking these muffins next whisk dry ingredients,! Are different out any idea why they would turn green flour with this recipe, you... On your lifestyle/diet trip to the pursuit of wellness and determined to stay and. Peanut sauce wrap recipe ; i am looking for something simple fluffy roasted sweet potato and yogurt- and seemed.