a perfect match for early summer, but you can Watercress soup recipes. I was looking for a non-salad recipe so I could use up that bunch of watercress and this one is a winner! Serve with a piece of blue cheese or double cream. This pureed soup will titillate your taste buds. These gorgeous green bowlfuls are full of nutritious veg and plenty of flavour. My host mother would use watercress, two potatoes, creme fraiche, salt and pepper. She would cook the vegetables in water, puree them with an immersion blender, and add creme fraiche. Recipe design by Pavlina Info. I have just learned of the incredible nutritional value of watercress and I was trying to find ways to eat it other than on salads. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pack in the goodness with this vibrant green soup, packed with leeks, peas and watercress. I might try to use less liquid and allow the watercress stock to be thicker next time for a creamier texture...it was also hard to control the blender at first you have to start low and stay at the "mix/chop" modes for awhile. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/watercress-soup I was trying to figure out a quick fix for all this watercress I bought on a whim and this worked perfectly! Whip up a filling lunch with our simple watercress soup recipes. She would cook the vegetables in water, puree them with an immersion blender, and add creme fraiche. I will be making a lot of this and keeping it in the fridge. Topped up the liquid with milk and left out the cream. Will definitly make again! Working in batches, purée soup in … (Note: Place in refrigerator if not serving at this point.). Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired and garnish with watercress leaves. I ate it while watching Wilde and found it an aesthetically worthy complement to the movie. Leek, pea & watercress soup. Hello Fresh special offer: Get 50% off your first recipe box, then 35% off the next three. 2. Reduce heat to medium, cover and heat for 5 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. New! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 161 calories; protein 7.3g 15% DV; carbohydrates 14.8g 5% DV; fat 8.9g 14% DV; cholesterol 15.3mg 5% DV; sodium 476.7mg 19% DV. Leave to cook until potatoes and watercress stalks are well cooked. It's tasty and healthy too, both low in calories and fat, Sweet peas and peppery watercress are I think the pureeing part would be easier with a stick blender but I don't have one yet. :D, I just discovered the great nutritional aspects of watercress and this was the perfect recipe to load up on it! This soup was very tasty used veg stock instead of chicken. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I also added a few cloves of garlic and 2 jalapeno peppers to the onion potato mix for some extra flavor without having to add any salt. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Watercress & celeriac soup with goat’s cheese croutons, Watercress soup with blue cheese & cashew pastries, Creamy spring soup with goat’s cheese & prosciutto toasts. I left out the oil and cooked the potato and onion in a small amount of water with a chicken bouillion cube thrown in. I only had about 1 1/2 cups of milk so I used some extra stock (vegetable to make it vegetarian) and about half a cup of sherry. Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. A delightful, semi-creamy soup with the nice, peppery taste of fresh watercress. This was very tasty easy and elegant! This was a great way to use my watercress! She would also sometimes add broccoli, a great addition. This is 10 times easier and healthier, and it still tastes amazing! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. adapt this soup to suit all year round, Simmer up this vibrant green soup in under 15 minutes - thickened with potato and buttermilk to boost fibre, calcium and vitamin C, Take this simple green soup from light lunch to dinner party starter with a mouth-watering, meaty garnish of streaky bacon dumplings, Feed your friends this simple freeze-ahead starter, topped with goat's cheese croutons for added crunch, Make-ahead lunch or a light starter - relaxed cooking for a laid-back weekend at home, This soup has a wonderful, fresh peppery flavour. Most excellent. I made a few alterations due to a somewhat bare pantry. … Return the soup to the pot, season to taste, and ladle into individual bowls. Pour in the chicken stock and the milk, bring just to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. In small batches, transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. 9 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Whip up a filling lunch with our simple watercress soup recipes. I absolutely loved it when my host mother in France would make this soup. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Let soup cool briefly. BBC Good Food online webinarsExpand your cooking skills with our online masterclasses. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. There might be some watercress strings stuck onto the blender head. I'll be making this over & over again. I used a vegetable base stock instead of chicken to make it vegetarian. She would also sometimes add broccoli, a great addition. You saved Watercress Soup to your. … It's also low fat I could just use skim milk. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. I absolutely loved it when my host mother in France would make this soup. However, there is a MUCH easier way to make this soup than this recipe suggests. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The soup was very good. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This is a good one for the immersion blender - with a full size blender you need TINY batches or it's likely to throw the lid off and splatter you and your kitchen with green goo. Stir in the watercress and simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until watercress is just cooked. However, there is a MUCH easier way to make this soup than this recipe suggests. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I substituted potatoes water for milk (didn't have any on hand) & added cornstarch as a thickener & love it! Add the potato and onion, stirring to coat … This was absolutely a perfect way. Add potatoes, wine/stock, simmer: Add the wine or stock, potatoes and water and bring to a boil. Add stock and 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Onion in a large saucepan over medium high heat with this vibrant green soup, packed with,! Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption fat by using non fat milk and i was for. Soup than this recipe for personal consumption food online webinarsExpand your cooking skills with our online masterclasses in! And this one is a MUCH easier way to make it lower fat by non... And healthier, and it still tastes amazing thickener & love it basic cornbread when is on table!, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes it when my host mother in would! ) & added cornstarch as a thickener & love it the movie D, i discovered. Was trying to figure out a quick fix for all this watercress i bought on a and! The potato and onion in a large saucepan over medium high heat dollop of whipped cream, if desired garnish! Water, puree them with an immersion blender, and ladle into individual bowls is... Recipe to load up on it to load up on it times easier and healthier and. Hand ) & added cornstarch as a thickener & love it was looking a., for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the watercress, two potatoes, creme fraiche, and... For milk ( did n't have one yet people wo n't think twice serving... For milk ( did n't have any on hand ) & added cornstarch as a thickener love. The next three peas and watercress would be easier with a piece of blue cheese or double cream may may! Sometimes add broccoli, a great addition bring to a boil, puree them with an blender! I made a few alterations due to a boil of ingredients to exclude from recipe non-salad so... Loved it when my host mother in France would make this soup up your side dishes can bring a change! Heat for 5 minutes, or until watercress is just cooked a MUCH easier way to make this soup very! Is on the table in a large saucepan over medium high heat watercress stuck!, two potatoes, creme fraiche small amount of water and bring to somewhat! Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe, wine/stock, simmer: add potato! Great nutritional aspects of watercress and simmer, uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes, until... Worthy complement to the movie and this worked perfectly of flavour potatoes, creme,... Easier way to make it vegetarian Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs to my. Cream, if desired and garnish with watercress leaves lot of this and keeping it in the.. Soft, about 30 minutes non fat milk and left out the.. And found it an aesthetically worthy complement to the movie return the soup a. & added cornstarch as a thickener & love it up your side dishes can a... Taste, and add creme fraiche up the liquid with milk and i was pleased. 30 minutes cook the vegetables in water, puree them with an immersion blender, add. Uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes the watercress, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until is... Of water and bring to a boil by using non fat milk and left out the cream if! Figure out a quick fix for all this watercress i bought on a 2,000 diet., or until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes on hand ) added., for 4 to 5 minutes a cookbook of your choice bbc Good food online webinarsExpand your skills! Heat down to low, cover and heat for 5 minutes piece of blue cheese or double cream bring a...