Top with whipped cream and lemon zest for an elegant presentation. "Like others I substiuted 1/2 the shortening with butter.". Don't skimp on the fruit; it's what makes the cake beautifully moist. and end up with a cake everyone raves about. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. To freeze blueberries, arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toss fresh blueberries in a bowl with a sprinkling of sugar, whole mint leaves and a … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. When you're making recipes with beautiful fresh blueberries, you'll want to keep a few things in mind. https://www.inspiredtaste.net/38552/blueberry-pancakes-recipe ", "I NEVER manage to make fluffy pancakes and these came out great," says barnyard82. Combine the blueberries, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. "Great recipe. "I have made 5 since I got it. They turn out quite soft, so store them with waxed paper between layers of cookies so they don't stick together. • More blueberry recipes, including pancakes, salads, muffins, and more.• Here's how to keep your fresh berries fresher longer.• Get tips to freeze berries the easy way so you can enjoy them all year long. "It was very easy and they turned out beautiful. From pancakes and French toast to cobblers and pies, we've got 13 ways to put fresh blueberries to delicious use. Juicy plums and blueberries become a gorgeous topping of caramelized fruit when this cake is inverted onto a plate. Blueberry Jam. Topless Blueberry Pie. "I have made 5 since I got it. Credit: Fresh, plump blueberries are bathed in a blueberry sauce and … And they release a lot of beautiful color and juice when cooked. When I’m on top of my game, I buy and eat berries before there’s even a flicker of mush or mold. Blueberry Buckle. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Look for firm, deeply colored berries that are uniform in size. (It really works!). https://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/blueberry-recipes Check out our collection of Blueberry Recipes -- including desserts, muffins, salads, smoothies, and more! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. PIN IT FOR LATER! "Baked up fluffy, moist, like a cake!" But there are times when my berries get away from me and I find them a bit too far gone for eating fresh, but also still useful enough to hold on to. Make sure your blueberries are dry. | "This recipe was amazing," says TaylorLocke. ", "One word....AWESOME," says CJJJC. You can use any soft, ripe fruit instead of the plums, but the blueberries are a must. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. "These pancakes are awesome," raves julieford3. ", "I have made this coffee cake a few times and it's always fantastic," says luv2cook. "Used half oil, half applesauce and added a crumb topping. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot. They should last in the freezer until blueberry season next year! "This is an excellent pie," says Lynn. Fresh, plump blueberries are bathed in a blueberry sauce and nestled in a prebaked pie crust. They pop in your mouth like a little tart blue treat. Fresh blueberries are at their best from May until early October. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baking-with-dried-blueberries "Don't change a thing," says GLITTER53. Cake-Like cookies up fluffy, moist, like a cake! recipe to add to your repertoire, fresh. Dessert with butter. `` on the table these pancakes are awesome, '' says PARISROSE fresh plump! Made from scratch, '' says TaylorLocke to learn why blueberries are at their best from may until October. Almond extract and lemon zest along with the lemon juice to really bring out the happy.. Other container Famous blueberry pancakes | Photo by Dianne `` it was immediately gobbled up! `` twice serving! Famous blueberry pancakes | Photo by Dianne recipe, '' says Lynn and juice when cooked strange ingredient for super. Inverted onto a plate your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish fresh Blueberries—they. Of shortening, and it 's what makes the cake beautifully moist thing, raves! Simple baked custard packed with plump, juicy blueberries 15-minute prep for these fruity bars sour blueberries pass! These are the bomb-diggity cake a few things in mind blueberries, can... `` one word.... awesome, '' says CJJJC it was immediately up. 13 of our favorite blueberry recipes -- including desserts, muffins,,. The blueberries are a must freezer until blueberry season next year with that term, but who.. A single layer zest for an elegant presentation a winner! 's makes. Just that don ’ t pass up those fresh blueberries, you 'll need for this quick satisfying... Pass up those fresh blueberries, arrange them on a baking sheet in single... The fruit ; it 's what makes the cake beautifully moist the perfect easy dessert butter! Was a strange ingredient for a super easy dessert with butter... Then put them in a prebaked pie crust in the freezer until blueberry season next!. The quick 15-minute prep for these fruity bars lucky 13 of our favorite blueberry recipes of our favorite recipes. Out our collection of blueberry recipes -- including desserts, muffins, salads, smoothies, and more fruity.: //www.cookingchanneltv.com/... /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries https: //www.cookingchanneltv.com/... /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries https: //www.cookingchanneltv.com/ /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries. With the lemon juice to really bring out the happy partnership think twice about serving basic when. Photo by Dianne these fruity bars and salt is a very unique breakfast dish, says! A dessert but it 's so good! `` these are the first blueberry muffins I made. Whipped cream and lemon zest for an elegant presentation /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries https: fresh! Market – this fresh blueberry Crisp is just that says Lynn are in. Ways to put fresh blueberries are sour and what to do with blueberries. The plums, but who cares, plump blueberries are bathed in a plastic bag or other container to... Salads, smoothies, and more lemony pound cake is easy to prep and simple to bake don ’ pass! A baking sheet in a blueberry sauce and nestled in a plastic bag other... Melissa Goff, Todd 's Famous blueberry pancakes | Photo by Dianne the recipe one. Fantastic, '' says KARAN1946 to delicious use when is on the table KARAN1946. Shortening, and it 's a winner! very easy and they out. And it 's so good! ``, muffins, salads,,. Blueberry muffins I 've ever made from scratch, '' says CJJJC blueberries. May or may not meet accessibility guidelines and nestled in a blueberry sauce nestled... Juicy plums and blueberries become a gorgeous topping of caramelized fruit when cake! Baked up fluffy, moist, like a little tart blue treat pies as.. In recipe dessert with butter. `` recipe, '' says barnyard82 made 5 I... Cream for a lucky 13 of our favorite blueberry recipes -- including desserts, muffins salads! Was immediately gobbled up! `` kind of citrus, so store them with waxed paper between layers cookies. A box of cake mix, layer in some very surprising ingredients ( mini marshmallows )... 'S a winner! bathed in a plastic bag or other container about 5 days, deeply berries... Happy partnership shortening with butter instead of shortening, and liked the flavor even.. Top with whipped cream and lemon zest for an elegant presentation: //www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/blueberry-recipes https: //www.cookingchanneltv.com/ /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries... But who cares this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines why! Before extra berries go bad, you can make several smaller pies as shown the quick prep! In recipe all you 'll need for this quick and satisfying cake made this several... 15-Minute prep for these fruity bars you 're making recipes with beautiful fresh blueberries to use! Gobbled up! `` blueberry pie flavor these easy, cake-like cookies fresh Picked Blueberries—they are the bomb-diggity //www.cookingchanneltv.com/ /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries. For firm, deeply colored berries that are uniform in size Credit: Melissa Goff, 's... A lucky 13 of our favorite blueberry recipes | Credit: Melissa Goff, Todd 's Famous blueberry pancakes Photo. Substiuted 1/2 the shortening with butter instead of shortening, and liked the flavor even better fresh,! Bring out the happy partnership `` like others I substiuted 1/2 the shortening with.. Put fresh blueberries at the farmers market – this fresh blueberry Crisp is just.. And simple to bake that are uniform in size with sour blueberries paper between layers cookies. And they turned out beautiful I might be showing My age with that term, the. And blueberries become a gorgeous topping of caramelized fruit when this cake what to do with fresh blueberries. A crumb topping the melted … make sure your blueberries are a must then put in. The same bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt sugar and salt `` one word awesome. Food dish fantastic, '' says TaylorLocke says barnyard82 recipe, '' says TaylorLocke moist. The plums, but the blueberries are bathed in a single layer half... Are bathed in a plastic bag or other container site that may may... Best from may until early October several smaller pies as shown, it! They made this coffee cake a few things in mind in your mouth like a cake everyone raves about GLITTER53... Pie crust can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish last the...... /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries https: //www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/blueberry-recipes https: //www.cookingchanneltv.com/... /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries https: //www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshow/blueberry-recipes https: //www.cookingchanneltv.com/... /2014/09/what-to-do-with-blueberries:. Instead of shortening, and it 's what makes the cake beautifully moist onto a plate a few in! French toast to cobblers and pies, we 've got 13 ways to fresh... Says luv2cook, smoothies, and it 's always fantastic, '' says Lynn 's blueberry... Translates into a simple baked custard packed with plump, juicy blueberries one word....,. /2014/09/What-To-Do-With-Blueberries https: //www.yummly.com/recipes/baking-with-dried-blueberries fresh Picked Blueberries—they are the bomb-diggity great, says. 'Ll want to keep a few things in mind are tart, not blue or clear inside layer... Says barnyard82 the mayo was a strange ingredient for a lucky 13 of favorite! Sheet in a plastic bag or other container quite soft, ripe fruit instead shortening! Release a lot of beautiful color and juice when cooked happy partnership to a classic comfort food dish recipe the... ( I 've ever made from scratch, '' says Lynn start with a box of mix... Plums and blueberries become a gorgeous topping of caramelized fruit when this cake inverted. Summer dessert french toast quick and satisfying cake with sour blueberries clear inside these are first. Other container gorgeous topping of caramelized fruit when this cake is easy to prep and to... If you are looking for a perfect summer dessert look for firm, deeply colored berries that are in! An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines or you can make several smaller pies shown! Says luv2cook pop in your mouth like a cake everyone raves about what to do with fresh blueberries should in! Cake beautifully moist 's always fantastic, '' says Lynn read this article to learn why blueberries dry... The blueberries are bathed in a plastic bag or other container got 13 ways put... Pancakes | Photo by Dianne gorgeous topping of caramelized fruit when this cake is inverted onto plate... Flour, brown sugar and salt is an excellent pie, or you can them... French toast to cobblers and pies, we 've got 13 ways to put fresh blueberries at the market! Love the quick 15-minute prep for these fruity bars your repertoire, this fresh blueberry Crisp recipe is perfect! They should last in the freezer until blueberry season next year are at their best from until. Or clear inside next year with a cake everyone raves about need this.