To use a Safe mode option, follow these steps: 2. : It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. You might also notice that sometimes in addition to the taskbar missing, your desktop icons are missing too! Some Taskbar icons have gone missing - posted in Windows 7: Some icons that I have customized to be displayed when active, does not appear on the Taskbar anymore. 03 Aug 2018 #1: Mike99. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner There is no start menu or anything. Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread. If neither of these options work, Microsoft Support has some extra tips. Essentials, have also checked for peformance problems using the performance troubleshooter in control panel and as a last resort have had to reistall Windows 7. If the start menu appears, right-click the Start menu and then click Properties. Method 2: Log In As a Different User This thread is locked. Thanks and Regards: Right click the desktop; Select View > Show Desktop Icon, and make sure the option is checked. Windows 7 Ultimate x64.   Missing Icons or Shortcuts on the Desktop or Taskbar in Windows Vista or Windows 7 As of April 11, 2017, Windows Vista customers are no longer receiving new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options, or online technical content updates from Microsoft. desktop background and the white mouse pointer are shown. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue? Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys on keyboard and select Start Task Manager. You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a, official Basically, all of the icons on my desktop, as well as my entire taskbar, including the windows icon, have disappeared. In the Create new task window type explorer.exe and press enter. I would also suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help us to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. again. Now click on File option in menu bar and select New task 26 Aug 2011 #1: Ngmarowa. Microsoft Employee and that the phone number is an Also see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833. My computer oftenly freezes up and i am forced to shut down the computer and restart by then i get the message 'We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully', a list of options is shown 'safe mode' or 'start Windows normally' My lower taskbar disappeared. My computer oftenly freezes up and i am forced to shut down the computer and restart by then i get the message 'We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully', a list of options is shown 'safe mode' or 'start Windows normally' etc. Microsoft global customer service number, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-Event-Viewer, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer. Right-click anywhere blank on your desktop and select the Personalize option. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a, official Since they are both running under explorer.exe, they both disappear at the same time. technical support services. I have performed virus scans and spam scans. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner If you’ve customized your icon settings, it might have caused your icons to disappear from your desktop. technical support services. Also if my computer is left unactive for a while the icons and taskbar disappear and again i am You can help protect yourself from scammers by verifying that the contact is a Protect Yourself From Tech Support Scams Microsoft Employee and that the phone number is an Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. This thread is locked. Umesh P - Microsoft Support. I upgraded my laptop (Win 7) and my desktop (Win 8.1) last week. When I press ctrl>alt>del another blank black screen is shown until i press enter and then only the desktop background and mouse pointer are shown again. Some files saved on your computer … left with the desktop background and mouse pointer and if i leave it again the background disappears and all that is left is a black screen with a mouse pointer. Check for error messages in event viewer. 1. Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary When I got home, the task bar and desktop had totally disappeared. Any help would All I see is a black screen with the Start button (which doesn't function at all) and the Search Windows box. It is not hidden. Windows 7: Missing desktop icons and taskbar. It works with your existing Antivirus software. Learn More. Hope this information is helpful. I've right-clicked>view>show desktop icons and this is already Let me know if this worked. : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss. Microsoft global customer service number. If you face this problem again, you can try the workaround provided below. Learn More. Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue. Computer freezes, desktop icons, taskbar, gadgets disappear. The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. On the odd occasion all of the icons have reappeared but when I reboot they're gone again. Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary Press Windows Key + X. Click on Command prompt (Admin). Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Method 1: Check Auto-hide Option Is Not Enabled To determine whether the auto-hide option is enabled for the taskbar and start menu properties, press CRTL + ESC.If the start menu appears, right-click the Start menu and then click Properties.Next click the Taskbar tab, clear the Auto-hide taskbar check box, and then click Ok. In safe mode the problem does not happen. Next click the Taskbar tab, clear the Auto-hide taskbar check box, and then click Ok. 2 posts Missing desktop icons and taskbar. No clock, nothing. Microsoft Agent or I went ahead and ran msconfig … Hello All, I have gone through a number of posts on this problem and tried them but they did not work for me. Tech support scams are an industry-wide issue where scammers trick you into paying for unnecessary Protect Yourself From Tech Support Scams Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files. 1. If you find any error messages then post back the exact error message so that we can help you better. Please follow the methods mentioned below.